5.02.2012

Fixer.

why does it feel like i'm always the one listening and no one is every listening to me.
i realize that there are different kinds of people in the world, and i am more than aware that i fall into the "fixer" category. 
i listen, they talk. i fix things, they feel better, i feel good for helping, everyone is happy.
but i'm not!
i know i have people that are truly there to support me and that i can always go to if i ever need a shoulder to cry on, our just a patient ear.
but i still can't help but feel like my problems aren't as important and their's
and that if i try to unload, it'll just pile on top of everyone else's already loaded shoulders.
i try sometimes, only to realize that i can't do it, because the overwhelming urge i have to help others, before myself, takes over.
and i'm left with my problems, piled underneath burdens that i will willingly carry for the people that i care about, no matter how it makes me feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment